Our COVID-19 Crisis Portal has been launched in response to the Coronavirus global pandemic crisis. Our aim is to keep providing 24/7 support and services to vulnerable people in our community while keeping people up-to-date with the most current information, fact sheets and resources to stay socially connected while in physical isolation.
Mental Health & Wellness
Going into a period of physical distancing, self-isolation or quarantine may feel daunting or overwhelming and can contribute to feelings of helplessness and fear. Our team is here to help.
Resources for the Homeless
If you are at risk of becoming homeless or require urgent crisis intervention and prevention services, we are here to provide support, advice and access to services.
- POLICE/AMBULANCE/FIRE EMERGENCY - Call 000
- POLICE: 131 444
- LIFELINE: 13 11 14
- KIDS/YOUTH HELPLINE: 1800 55 1800
- CHILD PROTECTION HELPLINE: 13 21 11
- SEXUAL ASSUALT AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COUNSELLING SERVICES: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- NSW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LINE (FACS): 1800 656 463
- MENS LINE AUSTRALIA: 1300 789 978
- NSW RAPE CRISIS: 1800 424 017
- BEYOND BLUE DEPRESSION & ANXIETY SUPPORT: 1300 22 4636
- SUICIDE CALLBACK SERVICE: 1300 659 467
- SYDNEY HOMELESS EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICE (SHEIS): 1800 272 877
- Link2Home : 1800 152152
- JEWISH HOUSE - 1300 544 357
- ANGLICARE EMERGENCY RELIEF
Bondi Junction: 9798 1400
Campbelltown: 4621 6666
Liverpool: 9821 1014
Mt Druitt: 8805 0900
Parramatta: 8805 0900
- SALVATION ARMY INNER CITY HOMELESSNESS EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICE: (02) 9360 1321
Men: 9212 1065
Women and families: 9211 5794
Young people: 9331 2266
- SALVOS STREETLEVEL MISSION: 1300 371 288
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICE MANAGEMENT - (02) 9621 0800
- NEWTOWN NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE: (02) 9564 7333
- WOMEN’S & GIRLS EMERGENCY CENTRE: (02) 9319 4088
- MATTHEW TALBOT HOSTEL: (02) 9358 8102 FOR MEN OVER 21
- BREAK THE CYCLE: (02) 9829 8898
- HOPE STREET: 1300 275 227, (02) 9358 2388
- THE STATION- (02) 9299 2252
- CROWS NEST CENTRE - 9439 5122
- CHURCH BY THE BRIDGE - 8920 9817
- DELVENA WOMEN’S REFUGE - 9428 4929
- PHOENIX HOUSE - 9437 0077
- THE KIRRIBILLI CENTRE- 9922 4428
- PLANET X YOUTH CENTRE: (02) 9959 5537
- OASIS YOUTH SUPPORT DROP-IN CENTRE: (02) 9331 2266
- EXODUS FOUNDATION: (02) 8752 4600
- MISSION AUSTRALIA EMPLOYMENT SERVICES: (02) 9219 2000
- HOUSING ACCOMMODATION SUPPORT INITIATIVE (HASI): (02) 9580 2414, 0477 725 929
- HOMELESS OUTREACH LEGAL SERVICE: 1300 888 529
FAMILY & COMMUNITY SERVICES (FACS) DIRECTORY: https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/housing/help
Financial Relief for people losing jobs during the pandemic
Salvation Army: 1300371288
Anglicare: 97981400 (Bondi)
St. Vincent Australia: 1800846643
JH Kids & Family Resources
These resources and tools can help you plan and make decisions to protect you and your family during COVID-19.
Resources for Kids & Parents
Coronavirus Explained! (For Kids)
How to teach kids about COVID-19
JH Addiction Support Services
Connecting people with addictive behaviours to teams of professionals, and providing resources and support to their families as they care for their loved ones.
FOR THOSE SUPPORTING OTHERS:
Physical Health & Wellness
During isolation, we often find that daily routines are drastically altered. One of the ways to bring back some form of normality can be through eating healthy and exercising. Useful resources
Below are some links to exercise and wellbeing Apps:
- Nike Training App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/nike-training-club/id301521403
- Headspace App: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Brain Tap App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/braintap-pro/id1282115393
- Tapping Solutions App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/tapping-solution-meditations/id1419815487
- Calm App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/calm-meditation-and-sleep/id571800810
Need some inspiration for healthy, nutritious, affordable kosher meals? Clock on the links below for ideas!
- Various recipes: https://kosheronabudget.com/kosher-recipe-index/
- Various recipes: https://www.thespruceeats.com/kosher-family-dinners-2122235
- Potato Kugel cooking video: https://jamiegeller.com/recipes/potato-kugel-cups/
- Challah bread cooking video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKsslJfoVk
- Matzo ball cooking video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IO-lwaHU0
IT Support & Advice
Having issues connecting virtually with friends and family? We've collaborated with a number of IT professionals to provide you with troubleshooting support.
COVID19 has had dire impacts on the world’s economy. If you're having trouble with property owners or real estate agents and need advice on evictions, the services below offer free advice, information and help.
Jewish Resources & Information
Physical distancing can make you feel distant from your community. Use these guides to help you stay connected with ongoing Jewish tasks - prayers, Mikvah and candle lighting information and a directory of local synagogues.
We provide support and accommodation for pets of vulnerable people during their stay with us. In collaboration with our partners at Southern Cross Vets we've produced the most up-to-date information relating to your pets during COVID19.
Healthcare & Hygiene
We've put together a list of useful information and resources to help you stay safe and healthy. This includes up-to-date information, hygiene recommendations & more.