Our COVID-19 Crisis Portal has been launched in response to the Coronavirus global pandemic crisis. Our aim is to keep providing 24/7 support and services to vulnerable people in our community while keeping people up-to-date with the most current information, fact sheets and resources to stay socially connected while in physical isolation.
Mental Health & Wellness
Going into a period of physical distancing, self-isolation or quarantine may feel daunting or overwhelming and can contribute to feelings of helplessness and fear. Our team is here to help.
Resources for the Homeless
If you are at risk of becoming homeless or require urgent crisis intervention and prevention services, we are here to provide support, advice and access to services.
Contact us on 02 9386 0770 for support, advise, or access to our (or interagency) services.
The link below has a list of organisations that can be reached for individual support.
JH Kids & Family Resources
These resources and tools can help you plan and make decisions to protect you and your family during COVID-19.
Resources for Kids & Parents
Coronavirus Explained! (For Kids)
How to teach kids about COVID-19
JH Addiction Support Services
Connecting people with addictive behaviours to teams of professionals, and providing resources and support to their families as they care for their loved ones.
FOR THOSE SUPPORTING OTHERS:
Physical Health & Wellness
During isolation, we often find that daily routines are drastically altered. One of the ways to bring back some form of normality can be through eating healthy and exercising. Useful resources
Below are some links to exercise and wellbeing Apps:
- Nike Training App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/nike-training-club/id301521403
- Headspace App: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Brain Tap App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/braintap-pro/id1282115393
- Tapping Solutions App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/tapping-solution-meditations/id1419815487
- Calm App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/calm-meditation-and-sleep/id571800810
Need some inspiration for healthy, nutritious, affordable kosher meals? Clock on the links below for ideas!
- Various recipes: https://kosheronabudget.com/kosher-recipe-index/
- Various recipes: https://www.thespruceeats.com/kosher-family-dinners-2122235
- Potato Kugel cooking video: https://jamiegeller.com/recipes/potato-kugel-cups/
- Challah bread cooking video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKsslJfoVk
- Matzo ball cooking video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IO-lwaHU0
IT Support & Advice
Having issues connecting virtually with friends and family? We've collaborated with a number of IT professionals to provide you with troubleshooting support.
COVID19 has had dire impacts on the world’s economy. If you're having trouble with property owners or real estate agents and need advice on evictions, the services below offer free advice, information and help.
Jewish Resources & Information
Physical distancing can make you feel distant from your community. Use these guides to help you stay connected with ongoing Jewish tasks - prayers, Mikvah and candle lighting information and a directory of local synagogues.
We provide support and accommodation for pets of vulnerable people during their stay with us. In collaboration with our partners at Southern Cross Vets we've produced the most up-to-date information relating to your pets during COVID19.
Healthcare & Hygiene
We've put together a list of useful information and resources to help you stay safe and healthy. This includes up-to-date information, hygiene recommendations & more.